Many customers wonder if their shipment is small enough to take advantage of our discounted rates on small moves. You can estimate using the following method. If you have less than 2000 pounds or about one and a half rooms of furniture then you have a "small move". Small moves involve moving a few goods (usually less than 10 items), or even just one object.
Small moves may include
- Moving a student into or out of a dorm room
- Moving just one large item e.g. a piano, pool table, safe or dining room table.
- Other large odd shaped objects
Protecting your furniture.
Your furniture will be expertly wrapped in blankets and shrink wrap to ensure its safe delivery. You will not be charged extra fees for protecting your items in blankets or using tape and shrink wrap. Upon delivery, we will place your items exactly where you want them in your home.
You can fill out our free moving quote form to the right of this page and we will do all the work or you can follow the example below. The standard formula used in the moving industry is seven pounds per cubic foot.
To calculate cubic feet, simply multiply length by width by height. Here’s an example:
7 feet long, 2 1/2 feet wide, 3 feet tall
7 x 2 1/2 x 3 = 52.50 cubic feet
52.50 cubic feet x 7 = 367.5 pounds
Lets get started on your move
If you are ready to get down to brass tacks we have 3 easy ways for you to take the first step:-
- Fill out the free online quote request form to the right of this . We will get back to you within 1 hour during normal business hours and the next business day after business hours with an estimate or a time when we can come out to do an onsite inspection.
- Call our office at 404-753-6683 (MOVE) to speak to a member of our staff that will provide you with an estimate and get you on the road to a stress free move.
- Email us info @ 404movers.com and we will respond in short order with an estimate.